Government & Defence
NIGCOMSAT understands the inevitability of connectivity for Situational Awareness, Command and Control, Computing, ISR, warfare or the exploitation of open sources via the internet, media and social media. NIGCOMSAT also knows that defense operations occur at speed, in complex and contested locations and environments deprived or denied access to established communications infrastructure. NIGCOMSAT’s satellite connectivity can provide Megabits of connectivity to deployed users with a speed and flexibility that matches the military requirement. Flexible data rates, flexible operating locations, flexible end-user terminals and flexible encryption are what we provide.
NigComSat-1r provides ubiquitous high speed coverage over areas that terrestrial network operators cannot reach. Even in the most remote parts of Nigeria or West Africa, NIGCOMSAT will always deliver affordable consistent, reliable, and fast broadband services.
This service also suits ISPs who are looking to connect customers beyond the traditional terrestrial connections available. Our expansive EMEA network delivers the levels of quality and flexibility ISPs seek from a wholesaler.
This service provides affordable, fast and reliable broadband services for small businesses or home offices across Nigeria, including West and East Africa and is effective in rural areas. It has a small form factor that fits residences and deliver’s high speed Internet. It can also be comfortably used for special occasions like political campaigns and religious events that require a large pipe but at cost effective rate.
Our Backhaul solutions integrate easily with your existing network management systems and can help overcome common network challenges faced by most MNO’s.
- Cost-effectively extending your network reach especially in rural and remote areas
- Reducing congestion by providing flexible backhaul capacity to meet demand peaks in network traffic through Unique Bandwidth saving Technology.
Oil & Gas
Globally, Oil and Gas service providers need to deliver unified next-generation capabilities that provide higher availability, better bandwidth utilization and seamless coverage up to the farthest locations.
The ideal de facto standard on oil rigs is undoubtedly VSAT to help lower OPEX, raise productivity and increase safety.
Oil and gas companies are expanding their investment in VSAT to support onshore exploration and to increase the visibility and automation of pipeline operations.
NIGCOMSAT coverage allows for delivery of enterprise network connectivity solution on our Ka-band Newtec Platform.
NIGCOMSAT iDirect Platform
The iDirect platform offers shared satellite solution in Oil & Gas that provides the reliability and coverage that can be depended on:
- Establishes a global network with seamless vessel and rig movements within Nigcomsat-1R coverage
- Offers a broader mix of services with different quality of service classes that adjust to specific needs during peak and down times.
- Intelligently and efficiently shares pool of bandwidth
- Ensures high reliability and continuous customer satisfaction
- Increased link availability even during severe weather conditions
NIGCOMSAT partners with best-in-class Service Providers and provide highly reliable connectivity to fill gaps in their networks across regions of peak demand. Areas of focus include:
- In-Flight Connectivity – Passenger Wi-Fi
- Connected Aircraft – Cockpit / operational services including telemetry traffic from aircraft and engine sensors.
- Trains – Passenger Wi-Fi
- Coaches – Passenger Wi-Fi
- Cruise Ships – Passenger Wi-Fi and 3G mast backhaul
- Merchant Ships – Crew welfare, inventory management